SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY
What are the symptoms of depression in adults? (For symptoms of depression in children, see our page entitled “does my child need help?”) What are the symptoms of anxiety? How can therapy help my symptoms of depression or anxiety? Some symptoms are interchangeable and an evaluation can be helpful when you are assessing your current experience.
Symptoms of Depression:
· Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making choices
· Feelings of dizziness or vertigo
· Decrease or increase in appetite
· Apathy, lack of motivation
· Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
· Insomnia, early morning wakefulness, or sleeping excessively
· Digestive issues such as cramping, diarrhea, or constipation
· Inability to function at the work place
· Loss of interest in sex
· Overall decrease in energy level
Symptoms of Anxiety:
· Racing thoughts or unwanted thoughts
· Feelings of Impending Doom
· Heart racing or unusual palpitations
· Loss of Focus
If you believe you or family member could use a therapist for the treatment of depression or anxiety and are in Boulder County or Denver Metro, please contact a Counselor at Cypress Counseling Center at (720) 460-9164. We work with family members ages 14 and up. There are exceptions to this so please speak with your therapist for more information. One of our therapist can be helpful for questions involving complicated legal or custody issues.
If you or anyone you know is struggling with addiction as a result of depression or anxiety please visit https://www.drugrehab.com/colorado/boulder/ for resources and information on rehab centers, college services and support groups in the Boulder, CO area.