Community Resources in COLORADO:
Getting help for addictions in your life can be challenging if you feel like you are alone in it. If you are working on finding a healthier way of life and want to work towards breaking a habit of smoking, visit https://quitza.com/forum for information on community groups and support on living a clean and healthy lifestyle.
For community groups, college resources and supportive connections for drug addiction, visit https://www.drugrehab.com/colorado/boulder/.
If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts and are in need to more focused care and in-patient resources, please contact Centennial Peaks Hospital (303) 666-2088 or find them online at www.centennialpeaks.com. An assessment is free of charge and they accept insurance, direct or private pay.
Books for Personal Growth and Understanding:
We use many tools in the context of counseling and we have found that additional resources can help a client connect to their life story in a more in depth way. Here are a list of books that we have suggested to clients over the years.
For identity, self-esteem and emotional healing:
- Healing the Shame that Binds You- John Bradshaw
- Rewriting Your Emotional Script- Becky Harling
- Abba's Child- Brennan Manning
- Recovering from Losses in Life- H. Norman Wright
- Your Brain at Work- David Rock
For healing from Eating Disorders and Addiction:
- Intuitive Eating- Tribole & Resch
- Life Without ED- Jenni Schaefer
- Healthy Eating and Abundant Living (workbook)- Allie Marie Smith
- Addictive Thinking- Abraham Twerski
- Addiction & Grace- May
For relationships and rebuilding intimacy:
- Fighting for Your Marriage- Markman & Stanley
- How we love- Yerkovich
- Boundaries- Cloud & Townsend
- The Mom Factor- Cloud & Townsend
- Codependent No More-Beattie
- Bradshaw On: The Family- Bradshaw
- A Man's Guide to Women- Gottman & Gottman
For Sexual Trauma:
- The Body Keeps Score- Van Der Kolk
- The Sexual Healing Journey- Wendy Maltz